Recipe of the Month: Asparagus with Tarragon Vinaigrette
Bring on the green! This Asparagus with Tarragon Vinaigrette dish from Healthy Seasonal Recipes is not only easy to make, but also Paleo-approved.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- Salt for boiling water plus ¾ teaspoon, divided
- 3 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed, peeled if desired
- 1 shallot, peeled and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Fill a large bowl with ice and cold water.
- Add asparagus to the boiling water and cook until crisp tender and bright green, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain the asparagus and transfer to the ice water bowl to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine shallot, olive oil, vinegar, honey, tarragon, Dijon and the remaining ¾ teaspoon salt in a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Arrange asparagus on a platter. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and grind tons of pepper on top.