NYHRC Trainers’ Essential Workout Tips
Working out requires more than just physical endurance; it takes a daring mentality to crush those goals. NYHRC personal trainers share their essential fitness tips along with their favorite workouts:
- Work out with a partner. They will push you and create a competitive atmosphere that will bring you to the next level.
- Know your “why.” Remind yourself of the reason you began working out and why you continue to do so.
Max’s Favorite Workouts
- Squats: One of Max’s go-tos for building strength and adding muscle.
- Ab rollouts: Max recommends using a barbell or the ab wheel to strengthen your abs and give you that sculpted six-pack look.
- Farmer’s carries: A full body exercise that helps enhance proper posture, and build grip and core strength.
- There is no such thing as bad exercise. Any exercise, even if you only have time to workout on the weekend, is better than none.
- With a proper program you can improve your health, no matter what.
Greg’s Favorite Workout
- Cardio and free weights: Only have time to workout on the weekend? Gregory recommends doing at least 30 minutes of cardio such as jumping rope, walking on a treadmill, cycling, or using the elliptical machine, followed by free weight exercises: Try doing three sets of 12 to 15 reps of weighted squats, chest presses, deadlifts, bicep curls, and triceps kickbacks.
- View yourself as your biggest competitor and always stay focused.
- Set performance goals. This way, you can reach your own expectations gradually. Eventually, your goals will grow bigger than you ever imagined.
- Look at yourself as your biggest threat. You will do better than you did in your previous workouts and fear less when taking on a new workout.
Matt’s Favorite Workout
- Deadlift: A full body exercise that works everything from your traps and back to your core and legs.
- Have fun during your workout is a must. Maintaining excitement is important for reaching your goals.
- Trying a boxing class for a full body workout that will leave you feeling accomplished.
Dylan’s Favorite Workout
- Barbell overhead presses: Not only does this strengthen your upper body, it also stabilizes your shoulders and works your core.
Looking for more trainer tips? Book a personal training consultation at NYHRC.com/personal-training.