With the biggest game of the year on Sunday, don’t just sit on the sidelines. Get up and get moving with a pro-football approved workout from NYHRC’s GridIron Power instructor and former pro football player, JayD Dantzler.
“The training drills are designed to torch calories and can be done anywhere, even during a commercial break” says JayD. “On game day, grab a partner and compete to complete the most reps. You’ll burn calories, build strength and have a blast. Plus, you can also enjoy the game while working out.”
BIG GAME WORKOUT
Repeat each exercise 10 times for 15 minutes
Line Shuffles (Lateral Shuffles)
- Take an athletic stance and keep your core tight.
- Roll slightly onto the balls of your feet.
-Laterally shuffle across the floor twice, dropping your hips and touching your outside foot with your inside arm.
-Repeat in opposite direction, moving fast and getting as low as you possibly can.
- To modify, instead of touching your foot, touch the outside of your knee.
Red Zone Sprints (A Skips)
- Start by getting hyped (bounce up and down on the balls of your feet) .
- Run in place, bringing your knees into your chest. Make sure you’re skipping while running.
Touchdowns (Single Arm Planks)
- Start in a standing position.
- Take one hand and place it on the floor.
- Kick out your legs so that you’re in single arm plank position.
- Extend the arm that’s not on the floor and pull it back in towards body.
- Jump back up to standing position.
- Repeat, alternating arms.
- To modify, step back one leg at a time instead of kicking both legs back simultaneously.
Want to train like a football pro? Take GridIron Power, every Thursday and Sunday morning at NYHRC 23rd Street. Click HERE for the weekly class schedule at times.