If you’ve been looking to replace your pasta, have no fear, veggie noodles are here! Vegetable spiralizers create delicious strands of gluten free, low-carb veggies to satisfy your pasta craving without the carbo-load.
Spiralizers are reasonably priced and come in many different shapes, sizes, and functions. Here are some of NYHRC’s favorites:
- The WonderVeg Spiralizer is versatility at its best. Packaged with three different stainless steel blades, this spiralizer can produce spaghetti noodles, thick spirals for curly fries and potato chips with its ribbon cutter. ($23.97)
- Creating your low carb veggies without any excessive arm pressure is just what the Mueller Spiralizer guarantees. This 8-in-1 spiralizer can be used as a grater and a juicer, allowing meal prep to be that much easier. ($27.97)
- The vertical arm of the ScharfPro Spiralizer puts pressure into the vegetables, all with one turn of the handle. This easy to use spiralizer saves time and energy, giving you even more room to enjoy your meal. ($24.95)
Ready to get cooking? Freshen up your kitchen routine with one of these delicious spring recipes:
Raw Avocado Kale Pesto with Zucchini Noodles
- Simple, healthy, and incredibly delicious, this healthy pesto alterative from Rawmazing is anti-inflammatory and a must try.
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 2 avocados
- ¼ cup cold pressed olive oil
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast (optional)
- ½ cup pine nuts plus some for garnish
- 1 small bunch kale, de-stemmed and torn into small pieces (about 1 BIG handful)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch Himalayan salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Spiralize the zucchini. Set aside in a colander to drain excess liquid.
- Start food processor running. Drop cloves of garlic in, one at a time.
- Add avocado, olive oil, nutritional yeast, pine nuts and lemon juice. Pulse until blended.
- Add kale and pulse until kale is well chopped and incorporated.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, then toss with the zucchini noodles and tomatoes.
Pumpkin Spice Sweet Potato Noodle Waffles
- For a unique waffle with a healthy twist, Inspiralized is giving every paleo lover the perfect sweet and spicy duo.
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, Blade C
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- cooking spray
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup or more, to preference
- Heat up the waffle iron.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Add the sweet potato noodles to the skillet and cook. Turn frequently for about 10 minutes or until noodles have completely softened.
- Add the noodles into a bowl and add in the pumpkin spice. Mix to combine thoroughly.
- Add in the full egg and toss to combine.
- Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray and pack in the noodles. You may have to play around with the noodles to get them to fit in all of the grooves.
- Cook the waffle according to the iron's settings.
- Serve with maple syrup.